Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Good Days are Here Again

I am happy to report that I am doing well and expect the rest of the week to be enjoyable. I still have to deal with tingly feet and fingers and a little fatigue but the rest of my lovely chemo companions have mostly departed. I went to the clinic yesterday for lab work and my levels are way up on their own so no bone-aching shots this time either.


I realize that a lot of my posts might have a negative slant so I thought I would remind myself of the good things that are abundant during this trial. My wife has been stellar in taking care of Sophie and me. She has been strong even through physical difficulties of her own. We've had a lot of support from friends and family as well. My daughter has been an angel (okay so she only takes one nap a day and is a very picky eater, often throwing her food on the floor) and I love her so much. She makes me so happy and does the cutest things like peekaboo with palms out and holding her hands behind her back at random times, mostly while walking.


I have learned what pain truly is. I will not go in to detail about the joyful, secondary effect of chemo that caused this pain but I can honestly say that I have never felt pain to that degree in my life up to this point. Of course I've never broken a bone or spent time in a hospital in my life. I hadn't had surgeries until now but this was even more painful than that. Thankfully it has subsided to discomfort but annoying. I have also learned to be more empathetic with my wife and the things that she has had to deal with in her life. As expected I have learned and grown from this trial and continue to do so. Also as expected, we have also been tremendously blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment