Monday, May 16, 2011

Shots Work!

I went to the clinic again today for the 5th day out of the last 7. My white blood cell count has rebounded up to 6.8 so I can mingle with the people again, and let's face it, my public needs me. Well maybe I exaggerate a little bit since the people that need me are here at home with me already. Did you notice the new picture of me with my baby? She is gorgeous (and I was told that I looked good too but that is open for debate). It will be nice to have the week off from medical appointments until chemo on Tuesday the 24th. It was a rough weekend during which I periodically swished a mixture of Mylanta and children's benadryl to soothe my burning tongue. The heartburn has been a bit more harsh this time to the point that I am losing my voice. Other than that I am still standing and doing well. We'll be sad to see Tara's mother leave on Wednesday because she has been a huge help to us taking care of Sophie, cleaning, and cooking. Tonight she made a Peruvian dish that has a beef, tomato, olive, and egg filling inside of mashed potatoes and then put into the frying pan. It was delicious but I overate as usual.

2 comments:

  1. Always in our prayers. Glad to see a happier picture;) Hugs and kisses all around!

    ReplyDelete