Friday, April 1, 2011

Patience

This week has been about learning patience. We still have another week until the biopsy and a definitive diagnosis. For those who may be wondering why they are taking so long, different doctors have independently said that my condition is not medically urgent. Meaning that another week or two is not a big deal (at least physically - it makes a big difference emotionally and mentally). I have also had to be patient with my symptoms. These night sweats are getting a bit old. I usually have to use the restroom between 2-3 am and I go back to a damp bed wearing damp clothes. Not the best feeling. However, I haven't been as feverish or fatigued the last few days which has been nice. Also, I pretty much eat what I want because I have lost weight without trying and it seems that it doesn't matter what I eat. It might be nice to gain a few pounds before I start chemotherapy and don't feel like eating much. We'll see if lots of sweets and fatty foods will do the trick. Thanks everyone for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment