Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dead Eyebrows Walking

It is 5:00 am and 79 degrees outside. I woke up for a 4:30 bathroom break and have yet to get back to sleep. One reason may be a bit of subconscious anxiety over another treatment today and an alarm clock ticking down to beep at us in 2 hours. The hair I still have has actually grown a bit and my eyebrows are still solidly attached to my face. However, I've noticed my moustache getting thinner. It would be similar to a reverse Hitler style if I were to let the stragglers grow out. This is all highly important information for you as a reader, I am sure, so let me also share a few more thoughts from a chemo addled brain in the early morning hours.

Sunday we were enjoying a pleasant evening outside at a friends house and the lovely Minnesota bugs were out in force. One reason I haven't drifted back into peaceful sleep is the constant itching of my ankles, feet, and elbows. I am comforted by the thought that my chemo-enriched blood has hopefully been unpleasant for them to digest, possibly ending there short, miserable existence.

Yesterday was the day I have dubbed Chemo Eve. The day before I have my next infusion is a special day since I am usually feeling my best relative to the two weeks prior. We celebrated by ordering shrimp at Red Lobster and it was delicious. Later I asked Tara if I could open one of my presents. Strangely, and sadly, there were none to open !? I do have my second box of board games due to arrive later this week. I check the UPS tracking number at least twice a day in anticipation of a solid delivery date. Currently they are in Harrisburg, PA.

That's the story at two hours to lift off. I hope your day is as fun as mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment