Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Magic Words

I had my scan yesterday. It was pushed back from last Thursday but the delay was no problem because I wasn't scheduled to see the doctor until today regardless. The doctor used the words "COMPLETE REMISSION" today when he showed us the results of the scan. What a wonderful relief. The chemotherapy has done its job and I don't have to have any more of it. I am excited about that. We went to dinner to celebrate. With school starting this week, things have been looking up with so many welcome changes. I feel like life has become new and fresh again. It is hard to believe all that has taken place between that first appointment with the oncologist in March through the appointment today, but we made it. I say we because this has been an ordeal not just for me but for my wife Tara who has been with me every step of the way. Also my little Sophie to a certain extent. A huge thanks to all of our visitors and all those friends here close to us for the help they have given us. And the prayers of everyone else have been a significant blessing.

I suppose I shouldn't get too excited. I still have radiation therapy. It has the potential to make me very tired and, because of the location, make my eating tube irritated. But I think that will be more bearable than chemotherapy has been. The next step is to make an appointment with the radiation oncologist and find out what plan he recommends. I'll let you know as soon as I find out. These changes are so great and the last week has been my best week in months. I feel great besides some tingling feet. That should wear off in a few weeks.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the good news Jon! So happy for you guys - love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaahooo! We are planning our own Cancer Free party here!! WOot woot! Love to you !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so happy for you and your family! We love you.

    ReplyDelete